Holiday signage that stands out starts with great design and strong messaging. Here are a few tips that can help you create the best ads/signs for your company:
- Avoid Clutter. Over packing your design with too much text or too many images makes it hard to read and easily loses customers’ attention.
- Keep It Simple. Only provide necessary information. That allows customers to easily read and remember information quickly.
- Fonts to Avoid. Comic Sans, Papyrus, or script (handwritten) fonts should always be avoided. These fonts do not look as professional and can be harder to read.
- Fonts to Use. Stick with clean cut san serif fonts. Fonts like Helvetica, Arial, Avenir or Gill Sans are recognizable and are soothing to readers’ eyes.
- Three Colors. Just like text and pictures, going crazy with rainbow colors is not a good idea. Choose three matching colors (besides ones that are in pictures) and stick with those. Choose one for the font and use the other two as accent colors to make your design POP!