Terminology Tips

At the next cocktail party, want to impress people with your large format printing knowledge?  Here is some terminology that will impress the guests.
Poster: Posters are typically made out of a paper material. They can be hung up on a wall or window and are good for indoor usage and rolled up when you are not using them.

Foamcore Sign: These signs are thicker than posters and cannot be rolled or folded. They are flat and have a foam center and are good for short term sign indoor usage.

Substrate: Hard material–such as foamcore, ultraboard, or coroplast–to which we print onto or apply vinyl.

Vinyl:  Flexible material that we print on that is often adhered to a harder substrate, window, car or wall. There are dozens of types of vinyls that each have their own specialized use.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s